Friday, November 23, 2007

Love in SF, past the time of Cholera

Last sunday I came to visit my Life Partner in SF. It has been a great visit so far - we spent all of sunday walking around SF. We started off Union Square and walked thru China Town where we had lunch at the loveliest Chinese restaurant "House of Nankin" - the food was wonderful. A must for anyone visiting China Town. [I'll put up pics in facebook] This is the green tea we had, with roses and other interesting things in it. Definitely get this as well!

We then walked on thru North Beach area which is slash little italy. And walked on to Fisherman's wharf. A nice 5-6 hr walk, but really great. Everyone should do it.

The colors in CA are closer to the brilliance in Australia. Seeing the ocean in the background is like coming home. But the vegetation is interesting - somehow similar but definitely different. There are lots of really tall palm trees which we don't really have anything similar in Aus.

This reminds me of the little fern trees i saw in Banff near Calgary (Canada). The trees near the mountains are pretty small - it seems the trees are awake only 37 days in a year - the rest they sleep. So that's why they don't grow as much. Interesting no? Actually i just tried to find some reference for that 37 days, and I couldn't. But i didn't search very much.

We've also watched two movies: Beowulf in 3D and Love in the Time of Cholera.
I will leave my thoughts on the movies till later post. Too doo loo for now :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

House of Nankin is awesome! Did you order off a menu? or did the waiter/chef ask you questions and then bring you something based on the answers you gave? When I was there, they did the former with me. It was good!

A Fly on the Wall said...

I think we ordered Chicken sesame and scallops are something like that which was SOOO good. AAC recommended the scallop and we just picked this one too, and the tea... I'll put up the pick of the tea which was really cool.
The funny thing was we were ooh'ing and aaahing so much two people around us ordered similar things to us! :-P