Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Technical writing

Recently I started looking into articles on technical writing, and let me tell you, these manuscripts are absolutely fascinating!! I really find interesting when I should use dashes and hyphens; et al. is not italicized; both e.g. and i.e. should have commas after them.... and more.
As an example, check out this site. Isn't it very interesting? then you go and find all the errors of other people's papers and you wonder at their ignorance :-P
hey, i think i just realized why my advisor is so finicky with correct writing. It drives me up the wall that instead of reading the content of the paper (at least on the first round) he instead concentrates on the writing. Maybe he read too many of these articles and now he can't help it.
oh good Spaghetti Monster, i better stop reading these articles before i turn into him!!! noooooo!!! :-P

No comments: