Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Addiction


Dear Diary,
they say the first step towards fighting an addiction is to recognize that there is a problem.
So here I am, proclaiming that yes I do have an addiction.
Every day, I get through my day with thought of the coming night when I sit on my IKEA couch in front of the Samsung TV, turn on the PS3 and first check which of my clan members in online and what they are playing, and then turning on the game Resistance: Fall of Man. Dear diary, I play and my heart pounds and my muscles are tense and i physically lean back and forth as I try to dodge software bullets. I usually suck, I shout out profanities to the heavens and the character(s) of the game who is pwning me and then in the end I am usually last on that list of rankings. But oh the rush, the energy, the adrenaline.
I cannot turn off my TV till late, very late. I go to bed and when i close my eyes, I dream of the light trail left off by those damn snipers that get me out of the blues.
Dear diary, I recognize that I have a problem, but really, do I have to do anything about it?
Love,
xoxo

4 comments:

styx said...

No no, there is no problem. I mean, you only play at nights right? I think its a healthy hobby :-)

A Fly on the Wall said...

umm and we seem to lose HOURS if not DAYS on weekends!

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

I fail to see the problem

Plus, an FPS girl?!?!?!
That bitchin ... as the cast from the guild would say :P

"Oh yea... I also kill things... just in prettier costumes"

:D

Great series ^.^

Unknown said...

When I hear of PS3 something else comes to my mind. Check this, one of the best books I have read in the last two years at least:
http://www.amazon.com/Race-New-Game-Machine-Playstation/dp/0806531010/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237082590&sr=8-1

Z