Monday, December 04, 2006

10 fascinating facts about Iraq

This is an interesting article I read a couple of days ago which I have been meaning to post up here. Here's a funny pic from the article: (although not sure I should be finding it funny...)

It is interesting how many civil wars had their origin in the drawing of the artificial borders in WW1 and WW2.

Also interesting is Yazdânism, the religion practiced by the Kurds, called the Cult of Angels. I had no idea about them. It is interesting that the sect in Iran also believes in some of the Islamic figures like Imam Ali. They also believe in reincarnation so they are not really moslem. If you get a chance read their religious beliefs in the above article.

3 comments:

styx said...

Interesting. I wonder if the new strategy is to abandon the rest of iraq and put all the efforts and oil in the us-friendly kurdistan.

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

So if the author messed up saying Kurds are Europeans, how much of the article is believable?
I don't want to wikipedia every fact :P
You guys tell me

A Fly on the Wall said...

Who said Kurds are European?? They are on the east side of turkey, part in Iran and part in Iraq. That's pretty much asia to me!