Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thoughts on Version 2007

I think one of the main differences between me now and me maybe 10 or even 5 years ago has been the realization that i don't need to be nice to people i don't like. I always used to want people to like me and cared about what people thought of me. If someone didn't like me, i would spend more time with them, trying to get them to like me.
But i have come to the realization that i first have to decide if i like them. If i do, then i will try. and then only try when i know they are trying as well. A relationship is a two way street. You can't play a tennis game with only one player. ok I'll stop with the metaphors even though they're fun.
Anyway now if i don't like someone, I don't care what they think of me. Or at least i care much less what they think of me. I don't have to put myself into a situation where i am involved with these people. I simply try to get myself out. For example, recently i went to a concert and none of my friends were there. So i saw some people i knew and i sat with them. But then i felt lonely and awkward. If i was sitting by myself i might have at worst felt lonely. So in the next half of the concert i went and sat in the back somewhere by myself and i watched people and i enjoyed myself and didn't feel lonely at all actually.
So bottom line is... i think people shouldn't waste their time and energy on things they don't like. Don't be a bitch about it, but don't lower yourself.

4 comments:

jeerjeerak said...

i guess i'm still running under the old version...:)

Unrelated: i watched Pan's Labyrinth tonight. You had a post about it, i can't find it. Give me the links.

styx said...

I have always known her in the current version :-P Sometimes old versions are also good :-P

Gillen xx said...

I very much work to version 2007...although for this reason I am considered to be a little bit scary and intimidating because I don't go out of my way to please people I don't give a damn about.

A Fly on the Wall said...

I guess we have to have a balance... but it's difficult getting there!! %-)