Friday, March 14, 2008

Democracy... Iranian style

It's election time again in Iran because ya know, Iran is, like, a democracy, ya know?
Ha! What kind of democracy disqualifies any candidate that might disagree in the slightest with the current regime? Let the people decide what they want.
This makes me mad.
Don't get me wrong though, such democracies are all around the world. For example, in Russia where Kasparov was having so much problems. or Venezuela where Chavez seems to somehow have a never ending term. Cuba doesn't even hold elections, right? :-P Even in the US, if a candidate is not rich, don't bother running for election. But I guess it's all relative.

Let's play a game... Can you name other so called democratic countries?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Cuba does have elections:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Cuba

BTW, the black background in your blog hurts my eyes when I read :( :)

A Fly on the Wall said...

Is the new coloring better? :-)

juanton said...

yes, this one is good. :)