Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day!

What's so special about the following poem? (Try and answer with out reading the article)
Sir, I bear a rhyme excelling
In mystic force and magic spelling.

The article is actually really interesting. I love this one:
"in 1873, William Shanks announced he had found 707 digits over years of hand-cramping work; unfortunately, he had made a mistake after the 527th place. The following digits were all wrong." D'uh!!!

Also... "Pi Day is a time to honour not just a number and our fascination with it, but also the essential truth that there are some things we simply cannot know. We can only get close to knowing."

4 comments:

styx said...

Pink??? Omg, what is going on!! This background hurts my eyes when read :-P

A Fly on the Wall said...

omg!! please tell me you read juan's comment!!!!

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(add whatever color is in use) hurts my eyes
Change it!!!!

juanton said...

lol!
Are you guys making fun of me? ;)