Friday, February 27, 2009

KK2

It seems they are making a new karate kid movie, with the kid being played by Will Smith's son. Nothing good can come of that. Last night before going to my karate class, i decided to have a quick watch of the original karate kid 2. This is when mister miagi goes to japan to face his old enemy and of course little karate kid joins him to offer support. Now I generally really like these kind of movies, love me some Rocky action, mighty ducks, you know sport related movies. These days throw in a bit of marshal arts and Bob's your uncle. But seriously, this movie is bad. Setting bad, acting VERY bad, story pretty bad, Japanese people speaking english BAD. The blossoming love between the kid (whose name i obviously don't recall) and the japanese babe.. bad. Everything bad. so so bad.
and yet I am wondering what happens in Karate kid 3. :-P

ps. one of the biggest problems people tell me about japan is that the society is very male dominated and women are to a large extent in the background. Now i don't know how true this is in reality, but it was surely true in KK2 and you know if it is in the movies, it MUST be true right? :-P

3 comments:

Gillen xx said...

I seem to remember that there was at least one more Karate Kid movie and the Karate Kid was a girl in that one...whmmm...it is off to IMDB I go...

Gillen xx said...

It was the 4th in the franchise - The Next Karate Kid - and she was played by none other than Oscar winner Hilary Swank!

A Fly on the Wall said...

I think in my younger ears i watched KK4 but i don't remember it. I didnt realize Hillary Swank was in the movie.. and surely if it has her, it MUST be good!