Friday, April 24, 2009

Rachel The Movie

Last night I watched the movie Rachel Getting Married and I loved it so much. Seriously I think I was crying through half the movie (do I seem to be crying a lot recently??)
The movie is about a young girl Kym leaving rehab for a couple of days to go home and attend her sister's (Rachel) wedding, which is this beautiful concoction of music. I thought the movie was so heartfelt and beautifully filmed, focusing mainly on the relationship between the sisters. There were these scenes of Kym feeling so much pressure and stress, her face is just about to shatter. In between the story which covered the dysfunctional family and their past tragedies, there are these long wedding scenes, the dancing and the toasts and the singing, which wonderfully builds the atmosphere and also the secondary characters. This, along with the rest of the movie which primarily follows Kym, makes the movie nice and balanced. You end up loving both sisters and appreciate their differences and at the end of it, what came out of the movie was the strength of sisterly love.
One of my favourite movies ever.
Why did it only get 7.1 in imdb???

No comments: