Friday, April 17, 2009

A Tale of Much Woe

I have had an interesting time applying for jobs since my graduation. Almost immediately when i started my application process, I found a very interesting position with a good company. Over a short period, I had a number of interviews and then I was told the team liked me and were going to make me an offer but they had to get approval. Since I liked the team and seemed everything was working out I stopped applying and kept myself busy with work. A month later i was still waiting in limbo with no end in sight. I had a crisis period before I started applying again, this time like crazy. As days passed, my range of what I considered suitable jobs increased and increased. It's quite interesting when one day you are ignoring a job because you think that is not suitable but then the next day when you don't see any new open positions, you go back and say well, maybe that first position wasn't that bad!
Anyhow, so currently I have another offer waiting to happen -- a pretty good one too. iYay for me! I haven't signed anything yet but it looks much more promising. The funny thing is that i am still looking at the job websites every morning and applying. Just now I organized another interview for a job which is not that interesting but heck... I can't seem to say no. Now it's like a compulsion, a game, where I apply just to see how it goes. It has been really interesting going through the interviews as well. The technical questions are kind of fun now. Maybe I am only thinking that because I have the potential offer now. I remember when I first started the process I was really afraid. It was the first time I was going thru these technical interviews where over the course of a day, you meet with 10 people one by one. But I've been learning how to prepare.
Anyway so my tale is not so much woe -- atleast I am hoping it won't be.
To Be Continued.

2 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

^.^
I know what you will do this summer
^.^

Gillen xx said...

Good luck - and keep up the game play :)

Some cheesy adages for you:

*the more applications you make the more chances you have - it´s just like a raffle!

*Practice makes perfect!

*You´ve got to be in it to win it