Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Misc.

I read a weird article about this new type of by called "Modesty Buses" in Israel. Men and women are segregated with men sitting at the front and women sitting at the back. The sad thing is that this is what is actually happening right now in Iran. Men claim it is actually for the women's sake but come on - the moment you enforce these rules and remove freedom of choice you discard the option of claiming something is for the good of a group.
Like the hejab in Iran - women should cover themselves up... why? if you believe it, you should do it and if you don't...? I read the following quote in an article from Playboy the other day: In Iran, before the revolution, people used to pray in private and party in public. Now it is the other way around.
Somehow I think the more you try to enforce something, the more it backfires in the long run.
Btw the Playboy article is here and i haven't finished reading it but it seems interesting. You can download the pdf.
[Note: Unfortunately, there are no dirty pictures on this site! :-) ]

I am going to finish up with the following picture which I thought was really funny!! Essentially, be nice to the US!

3 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

WOW u keep checking out Playboy? I though stynky had stop doing so years ago.
Did u found his stack under his bed?

OH well...enjoy :P

I'm not clicking that link...

No, I'm not.... for now

Anonymous said...

You have a talent in finding good stuff on the internet. so good you have a blog!

A Fly on the Wall said...

@jeerjeerak

Oh no that just means I waste most time!
But actually I get a lot of my links from different newsgroups like Digg or for example the Playboy article was sent via the Iranian mailing list here. I shouldn't take credit for it!! :-P

I think it is harder to write about thoughts and emotions everyday than list some interesting stories!