Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Favourite: El laberinto del fauno

I never ended up talking about my favourite movie: Pan's Labyrinth or El Laberinto Del Fauna.
I recently got the sound track and now I listen to it all the time and recall different moments from the movie. I find the movie so very very very sad. And yet the fairy tale land brings hope and possible meaning to the confusion of our ordinary lives.
"A long time ago, in the underground realm, where there are no lies or pain, there lived a Princess who dreamed of the human world. She dreamed of blue skies, soft breeze, and sunshine. One day, eluding her keepers, the Princess escaped. Once outside..."
I thought I would write something about this today, but then again i got lost in people's interpretations of the movie and the pics. It is a movie which appeals to all my senses and the juxtaposition of the beauty and ugliness of the world. Of the hope they we all have that there is more to life than the ugliness that we sometimes see.
I've uploaded the first three tracks of the soundtrack which include the lullaby. The password is my real name all lower case. (let me know if you have any problems)

3 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

I just downloaded the first one.

Love it :)

jeerjeerak said...

Oh i liked the music. I guess next step is to see the movie :-)

ayluh said...

Wow!!! I just discovered your blog ... from Facebook !!! This is one of my fav movies too ... Really enjoyed! I'll visit more often :)