Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The store took my baby!!

ok so they took it with my blessing. And ok, so my baby macbook needed to get a face lift. But still.... the store ate my baby! (did i say ate? :-P)
The front of my macb00k case got cracked a while ago for no apparent reason - seems that this is a common event. I patched it up with a sticky tape and waited until a time when I couldn't convince myself that I didn't NEED the macbook for my work. The time arrived last friday when i finished this report and had to wait for feedback and read papers. So I had to go... and they took it without any question. Once it was taken i realized what a dumkomf i am! I hadn't backedup my data.... Not without my backup!
Anyway they are supposed to get back to me today - lets see how long I will have to do without my baby.

10 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

For a sec there I thought you were making reference to one of the scariest moments in Doom 3!!!

/shiver

styx said...

Not without my laptop!

jeerjeerak said...

when are you coming to chicago?

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

EEEWWWW you going to Chicago?!?!?!

A Fly on the Wall said...

@ Conqueror: what scary moment in doom??? please explain!

@ styx: you got my puns!! no wonder we are so well matched! :-*

@ jeerjeerak: patience my little grasshopper! the arrival of the dark knight will mark my arrival...

(this is doubly funny as jeerjeerak is grasshopper in farsi!)
(if you don't understand, google! ;-)

@ Conqueror: see above.

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

There is one memorable hallway, when you keep hearing a baby cry.
A voice then whisper to you
"They took my baby"
Sounds of a women crying merge with the baby crying.

If you are playing at midnight with 5.1 sorround.... I had to wash my pants afterwards :P

jeerjeerak said...

no! grasshopper is "malakh", i'm cricket!

btw, My conqueror! there is no "ew" about Chicago!;)

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

OH :P The eww wasn't against Chicago :P

The eeww was at sis-in-law proximity :D

I love ya sis-in-law

<^.^> hugs

A Fly on the Wall said...

My bad! What kind of farsi do i know?? cereally!
Or maybe i should call you malakh khanoom :-P

As for Kanmi, he LIVES in chicago! or close by anyway! Can't wait to see you both! :-D

When is the dark knight coming???

jeerjeerak said...

your farsi is very good deary:)

and in that case, you guys have to come and visit the brother-in-law (I come as a free bee) more often!;)