Monday, May 19, 2008

Desparately Seeking Onion

Last weekend Altavisto and I watched the movie The Fountain. Has anyone else watched it? It is one of those movies which is wonderfully acted and layered like an onion and at the end of the movie, we are left off, wondering how the layers were ordered and if the layers were real or imaginary. The hubby gave me his interpretation and although it was better than my own confused mess, I am not yet convinced. I will have to read up on it. If you have seen it and have your hypothesis handy, let me know!!

On another note, we also watched the super cool movie Super Bad. Oh yeah. Definitely on another level, but had quite a few LOL moments.

2 comments:

styx said...

what happened with all the layers you found?
In the book that Lizzie was writing, the queen of Spain is the one who asks the "conquistador" to find the fountain of eternal youth. In the modern time story she doesn't.

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Ogres are like onions.

Oh they stink?

No

They make you cry?

NO