Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Olympics

Watching the Olympics this year has been kind of tough for me, mainly because we don't have a TV. :-P The only time I get to watch it is when I go to the gym! I get on a cardio machine and watch one of the silent screens in front of me and since somehow they don't have close caption, I imagine what they say. And time between the commercials flies actually. Even the commercials have suddenly become pretty innovative and interesting. Who has seen the one about wind energy and the ancient greek who throws the discus and because of the wind, the discus changes course and topples the parthenon? :-P

And so 10 days or so have passed and although it is such a huge event in the world, it hasn't really made its self aware in my life.
It makes you wonder how easy it is to not be aware of things going on around you. and this leads to two questions: how much are you really aware of what's going on around you, and how much do you really need to be aware of what is going on around you. Do I really need to know about the Olympics?

3 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Digg users have voted and this is what you have missed:

http://digg.com/other_sports/If_you_aren_t_watching_the_Olympics_here_s_what_you_missed

A Fly on the Wall said...

hmmm. not as entertaining for me.

I mean, you don't even know if that's a real mouth2mouth connection or if it is mouth2cheek.

styx said...

Oh wow, our vocabulary is evolving so rapidly! The OGC expression was introduced this year and I had to google it to find out what it meant!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-561977/New-14-000-logo-causes-blushes-Treasury-office.html