Friday, November 21, 2008

Post-Defense Depression

No, no, I joke, no one is depressed. I was just making a play on the name postpartum depression and I just found the resulting name funny (not that there is anything funny with PPD). I am very happy I defended and I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Having said that... I also feel really fragile. My position and future is so uncertain and I have no idea what will happen. One minute I think, oh this will be great, I will have a job, I am qualified and then something slightly negative happens (or even doesn't happen!) and I become really depressed about my future. The economy is bad, my record is not good enough,... sigh. I feel like the Dow Jones, where my stocks are just falling falling and falling in this time of uncertainty!

No comments: