Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The future is here

Check out the following article, which describes how S. Korea is looking at putting together a code of ethics to prevent abuse between humans and robots (either direction). Are we really at the stage where we need them? :-D

Everytime I think about Asimov's laws it quite amazes me how imaginative they are. Can you think of anything else to supplement them?

ASIMOV'S LAWS OF ROBOTICS
* A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
* A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
* A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law

2 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

I would like it if the first law protected a wider range of "life" ... if the robot see a kitty in danger
GO GO GO HELP HIM.

But then how would I define life for the robot.
And then the usual dilemma on the novels...what if in order to protect one, you might have to harm another.

And DAMN, I remember I liked "Bovedas de acero" but now I can't remember how the mystery was solved...

Stynky give me a hint.

styx said...

The killler was the Robot! Or was it? :-P I can't remember either, and I also liked it!