Monday, March 26, 2007

Revisiting Norouz

I finally uploaded a bunch of photos from my various activities in the past week. Above is the picture of the Norouz spread we had at the party on Tuesday night. It was a pretty fun party. I met a girl with a most intriguing blood line - half African American, half Persian. She was very pretty and cute actually. And she actually spoke Farsi pretty good for someone who had never lived in Iran.
On wednesday I finally met my online/blog buddy Jeerjeerak :-) She was in DC for school and we met for dinner in China Town - we went to a nice Thai restaurant. You wouldn't believe how fast they brought our food!! and we kept changing tables and we kept stealing other table's candles because our light kept going out!! We had a great time - it was actually quite interesting meeting someone that you have never met before and yet you have been following their blog for a while, so you kind of know them... so suffice it to say we were warm very fast :-) Jeerjeerak and I actually went to the same primary school while i was in Iran - she was in my cousin's grade, who is one year ahead of me. Unfortunately I don't recall too much from that time, except that it was great - perhaps the best time of my life. According to Jeerjeerak, I once crashed her birthday party! :-P I invited myself along with my cousin to her house!! Party crasher, woo hoo! I had style even from that early age.
One of the most interesting things about Jeerjeerak is her look. ok ok, she had lots of interesting things, but one of the things which was very unique to her, is her look - For me, she looks just like the traditional beautiful women of ancient Persia, the look which is always emulated for women in Persian miniatures: the long curly hair, the extended brows... like the girls in the painting below. She is probably going to kill me, for going on and on about her look, but I thought it was very beautiful and also very unique to her. Her looks represented to me, Iran. :-)

2 comments:

jeerjeerak said...

Wow! This was THE complement of the New Year (a blushed smily!).

And you buddy are one of the most lively and fun people I had ever met, seriously!

styx said...

I do see the resemblence between photo and image of ancient iran :-)
even from the sassanid period :-P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bishapur_zan.jpg