Friday, July 27, 2007

Chocolate Rain

Talk about an ear worm!! I heard about this song on Digg, that it had become a huge phenomenon on you tube - so i went and listened to it and kept thinking what is everyone talking about - it doesn't even make sense.
But oh no - after half an hour after i closed the video, i realized the song just kept going on and on and on in my head - "chocolate rain..."
It is addictive!!!

Update on Puzzles:
So how did people do on the puzzles? I put a link to the solution in the comment section of the first puzzle post. I still haven't seen the answers and not sure how you do the 2 and 3rd puzzles. Jeerjeerak's hint that you have to use only 10 people makes me think that we have to use some kind of a tree structure as follows:
- give a drop of 500 bottles to one prisoner and a drop from the other 500 to a second.
- see which one dies and so limit your search to 500.
- then given a drop from 250 of the suspicious 500 to the second prisoner and a drop fromt he other 250 to a third prisoner. See which one dies and so limit your search to 250.
- And so on. Except you need a lot more time than a month.....
So.... anyone have a better answer?

4 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

actually my bad - maybe you can still do my method if it takes exactly 1 month for the poison to take effect.
The first day,
-P1 gets 1..500
-P2 gets 501...1000

The second day,
-P1 gets 501-750
-P3 gets 750-1000
-P2 gets 1-250
-P4 gets 251-500

The third day,
-P1 gets 750-875
-P5 gets 876-1000
...
ok its getting complicated!!!

jeerjeerak said...

I thought of the tree at first too. And yes it doesn't fit into the time constraint. I don't know how much hint I can give without giving out the answer... Think of binary coding.

And for the third one, I don't get the question to start with!

A Fly on the Wall said...

hmm binary coding...
i have to think!! I think i know it, but need to write out the details....

jeerjeerak said...

HALF AN HOUR??? I couldn't even listen to it to the end, very uninteresting to me, sorry! This guy looks like a kid but had a voice of an adult.