Sunday, July 29, 2007

My new camera

I have a new camera!! yay!! It is Canon IXUS 850 or ELPH SD800 depending on your location - the former is the european name and the latter.. wait for it.. yes american. But .. magic.. they are the same.
Anyway It is a very cool camera, because of several features - first it is wide angle in a subcompact - though it is maybe a bit bigger than the average subcompact. Meanwhile it has a 3.8 optical zoom. Now the really nice features: it has image stabilizer so it compensates for shaky hands. Then there is the face recognition - the software is on the camera so it recognises the face(s) and focuses on them - for example when i was taking the above pic with my mac - it found the image of my face on the mac and focused on that!! how cool is that!!
I think we are going to have a very nice relationship :-)
For those who are interested, i got it from Dell for $280.
I love new gadgets!!

3 comments:

jeerjeerak said...

Mobarake!

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Mobarake!... which I suppose is like congrats or something like that :P

very nice indeed, I like the rdy-for-shaky-hands feature.

jeerjeerak said...

you supposed correctly, Mobarake!