Monday, July 14, 2008

Oopse... it did it again.

The edge of the case of my macbook where the wrist rests has cracked... AGAIN. Last time I was assured it was only the fault of one manufacturer and that it had been rectified. Not so.
I was reading on the web about what a common problem this is. This guy had had to get his fixed three times already.
I have to say i am a bit disappointed with apple. I thought i was getting such a stable and great box.
My macbook crashes and cracks. In spite of the fact that i care for it like a baby - getting it bibs (iskin) and protective clothing (cover).
I use my computer all the time so i can't take leave it in support every couple of months for a couple of days.
This is bad form.
and horrible timing.

6 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Not to mention it doesn't have as many games as the PC... My mac has now descended into just the emergency computer, I don't play or work much on it, in which to surf the web when all the lab PCs are in use.

A Fly on the Wall said...

so do you think you will buy another mac after this one?

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Highly doubt it.
Its programs are but a "gimmick" for me to play with for a while but the charm has died.

The charm of Steve Jobs from Pirates of Silicon Valley has wane.

A Fly on the Wall said...

I am sitting on the fence. The point is I paid top dollars for this machine and I expect top performance. I haven't been getting it. On the other hand, I am now used to the Mac softwares that I need for my work - I migrated once and it takes a while to get used to it all. And that's when i had Styx to tell me everything.
Another migration is hard work at my age :-P

styx said...

I can help with a migration to linux as long as the computer doesn't come with windows installed, and as long as you don't install it :-P

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Kewl, so I'm gonna get a PC with Linux along side a Pan's labyrinth marathon? :O

sweeeet.