Sunday, January 11, 2009

How to get music savvy

It might surprise many people, but I am not what is considered "cool"... NO WAY!! no, really? I know, I was quite shocked myself when I discovered it. But then I asked my mum and she said, well, surprisingly, she confirmed it.
Hark!
The who issue gets re-confirmed whenever we play trivia and I find myself so clueless about current music. Now give me a bit of opera and I might not do AS badly, but .. who am I kidding. Anyway, Atlanta is similarly clueless about cool music. As an aside, this might be why we are so good for each other -- both of us are clueless and yet we think the other one is cool. :-P
How did I get here? I am quite the meander-er tonight! the whole reason why I started writing this blog was because Atlanta, in his quest to become up to date with current music, is listening to the radio station of his car in Grand Theft Auto -- yes, not a real radio station, rather the radio station of his simulated car in the simulated NY of GTA. He has come up with quite a few new songs that we assume are cool because they are in video games. I think that is hilarious =D

3 comments:

styx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
styx said...

Some of the songs are quite catchy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_soundtrack


Although the funniest part is to listen to the right wing show: e.g., "Do you know if your best friend is a terrorist? Find out by listening to our tips on how to uncover them..."

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Awesome.
Next visit I suggest we just listen to GTA IV radio rather than regular one.

Also a question for the "cool" people (as I am as lost on current popular music) Is the iTunes or Amazon free mp3 the new cool ones? or the uncool ones?