Thursday, June 07, 2007

Return of the Fly

Yoo hoo... yes I mean you! Hello!!
I feel like I should re-introduce myself it has been so long since i have written. Yes yes my name is Phly, Gad Phly. Now, will you get me a martini? shaken, not stirred.
WHat!! you have no martini? fine,.. get me my new favourite drink, Mai Tai. yummmm.

Anyhow, i realized that I have gotten out of the habit of updating my blog. It really does end up being a habit - update blog or just send an email about the interesting item to some people? these days i have been emailing.
But with the following item things are going to change.
I read this BBC article about the new bear robots the US military are developing for the transport of casualties in battlefields. The future is coming!! According to the website:

1. Teddy bear face designed to be reassuring (How cool is that!!!)
2. Hydraulic upper body carries up to 227kgs (500lbs)
3. When kneeling tracked "legs" travel over rubble. Switches to wheels on smooth surfaces (ok this was also very cool - i think you can even tell how that would work based on the picture of the legs)
4. Dynamic Balance Behaviour (DBB) technology allows the robot to stand and carry loads upright on its ankles, knees or hips for nearly an hour

Hasta la vista.... senor bear!

2 comments:

styx said...

Oh wow! who needs Roomba now a days! I want a Teddy!

A Fly on the Wall said...

well you don't need roomba either - you have been ignoring him for the past year!!