Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dancing

Next Tuesday will be the final night of my first semester of Flamenco - I have really really enjoyed myself, learning and dancing. It's a huge rush everytime we go through one of the routines and I actually do it well. Of course many times I don't but hey, it's better to forget those times! :-) It is a shame I won't be performing in the recital :-(
Meanwhile on TV, the new season of So You Think You Can Dance in underway. So every wednesday for the past 2 weeks I have enjoyed 2 hours of dancing on TV - and these couples are really good. Cereally!

[Ref. South Park episode of ManBearPig with Al Gore where he kept saying I'm totally cereal! and I'm super cereal! - Everyone knows how to access the episode if you haven't seen it right? Alvaro and I have been killing ourselves with this expression!! :-P]

Anyhoo, check this site for some of the dances of the night. I recommend watching this one by a hiphop dancer (the guy) and a contemporary dancer (the girl). It is really a lovely piece and the story it tried to tell is just beautiful. I almost feel like it can be about any relationship.
The human body is just amazing to me - when I hear a beautiful voice, when I see a beautiful dance... it always amazes me the power we all have in our hand.. i mean body! :-P

1 comment:

jeerjeerak said...

http://www.north-park.net/