Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 2

I went for a walking tour of london - unfortunately it was raining or drizzling the whole day so I walked around with an umbrella in my hand the whole time and my pant legs were wet! Lets see..
I got off the underground at St James Park and walked to Buckingham Palace, went back thru the park to West Minister Abbey and Big Ben - the parliament is really very pretty and all the buildings.. then across the bridge and I once again passed this statue of the two women riding a chariot - i forget who they are but i do remember that last time i was there i was very impressed then as well. There is so much passion involved in the faces - i will definitely upload the pic when I get a chance. I walked past the Dali museum - the statues were still there and i still loved them. The museum housed Dali statues and picasso watercolors - i was really tempted to go thru it but i thought that i didn't have enough time to spend inside a gallery. Anyway i crossed over the river again on the Jubilee bridge - sat at a cafe and ordered myself a pot of tea - the bloody thing had 4 cups of tea!!! i kept drinking and it wouldn't finish!! Afterwards i was walking up to Picadilly Square where I saw this huge crowd - music and all these gay men.. actually i started seeing a couple of flaming gays whilst drinking tea - and i was wondering what was going on!!
so it seems that London Pride was going on. that is, the gay and lesbian pride festival. There was lots of alcohol and some gay behavior and i am not talking about the happy kind :-P of course it was nothing compared with the Sydney Mardigras. There the gays really show they are gay!! T&A galore!
I listened to some good music whilst walking around and had a really nice free ice cream. I then walked around some more and finally decided to visit Harrods which is supposed to be this fantastic shop which is worth seeing. Ok let me just say looking around a store which sells Armani and Gucci and other brands that i have no idea about and can in no way afford. Harrods is this huge shop where you can get lost going from floor to floor and room to room. Anyway i wasn't too big a fan.
I had dinner with friends here and i met Yasaman who is the niece of one of my 'aunt's Manzar. She is a nice girl :-)

3 comments:

styx said...

I believe count Dracula bought a house in Picadilly :-P

jeerjeerak said...

4 cups!!!! since you didn't mention, i guess finding a public restroom is no problem in london;)

styx said...

Gelareh says that she used the cafe's restroom :-P