Sunday, October 08, 2006

64% of online gamers are women?!

Studies studies,.. you can prove anything you want by doing a study and show some numbers. Regardless a new study has come out claiming that 64% of online gamers are women.
From the article: "The study's announcement release doesn't break down what games they're playing, though we expect sites like pogo.com, which feature a multitude of Flash-based games are rather high on the list. Even more surprising is how many older gamers are playing. While the teenage market dominates in numbers, the study says more than 15 million gamers, about 8%, are actually at least 45 years old."

Some of the really funny comments on /. were:

Bangenge: I think they just counted female avatars.
nutt98: 64% of online gamers play Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Coincidence?
(Fly: tee hee!! southpark reference!)
OnyxIR: My time on IRC has taught me a valuable lesson... On the Internet, all the men are men, all the women are men, and all the children are FBI agents.

On other news, check out the pic on the right of a statue of Hercules in Iran (Kermanshah) that I never knew of!! One of the things which I absolutely love about Iran is its rich history... although some people might say that the rich history has made some think they are better than others but that is fodder for another conversation. I found out about this statue which is carved out of a boudler in Zagros mountains from this site. It dates back to 153 BC.


Ofcourse, following iranian tradition the poor statue has suffered much damage. From the article: "The theft of the statue's head in 1977, which was recovered after a while, as well as the destruction of its hand and body in 1979 are among other damages inflicted on the monument."
Good old revolution - Lets chop off Hercule's hand and show him who's the boss!! good lord!

4 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Nani?!
Ok, so it was nice to start finding female gamers, specially my uber cool sis-in-law.
But 64% pwnage on online games?

Your link doesn't work to check it out. I did find this one and this while trying to look for the source material.

For the hercules thing.
When is it that I'm going to get toured arround Mighty Persia?

A Fly on the Wall said...

nani? what are you talking about?
I wonder why the link didn't work, it should go to: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154239

anyways, we go to mighty persia when alvaro fixes his visa... Alvaro...? Alvarooooooooooooo!!
that should be fun!

styx said...

I keep telling you, revolutions cause much more trouble than benefits. I think only Ghandi got it right.

Btw, isn't Roosta Zeus? That is what Tanya told me... is Roosta something else?

nyways,

A Fly on the Wall said...

I don't think you should generalize revolutions. They might cause some problems, but there is a reason why they happen. Obviously change is needed.

Btw in farsi, roosta means village. I don't know if it has other meanings - i'll ask my mum.