Tuesday, October 24, 2006

System Overhaul

I am going to complain only a teeny weeny bit and then go back to my studies.. but. bloody hell, my computers all messed up. I have really been free with what i install on it and now, it complains to me by croaking and moaning and once in a while freezing me out - well more, freezing itself and showing me what it thinks of me. If only it had hands it is thinking.
I need to reformat my computer and re-install everything on it. But I keep thinking too many things to install, its going to take too much time and also how do i know i have all the softwares still which i installed? I am doomed if I do and doomed if I don't.

So I will procastinate.

But seriously, turning this topic to a bit ph philosophical ping pong, don't you wish life had a re-start button and you could re-start when the system just becomes too bogged down. Or maybe you can.
Well you can't restart everything just like the computer (for example, you delete a file and it is deleted..[I don't want to hear any comments suggesting tools which help resurrect deleted files - this was a weak example i know]).. anyway. Do you like my analogy? ;-)

3 comments:

styx said...

Maybe you should consider installing ubuntu? :-)

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

and then tell me how it goes...

A Fly on the Wall said...

ay ya ya dude! I did install ubunto on my machine over sumemr! actually i installed a virtual machine on my system and then installed ubunto there. Slightly slow I might say but it was nice :-)

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

What analogy?
Don't you have a mac?