Sunday, October 15, 2006

Psychopaths and Fireflies

Psychopath Test
(Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it reads. No one I know has got it right. )

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing. She believed him to be her dream guy so much, that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister.
Question: What is her motive for killing her sister?

Since I want you to think before you see the answer, I am going to talk about something else and then at the end of the post, write down the answer, mmmkayyyy?

So Let me tell you about my new favorite TV show. It is called Firefly by Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy etc. I love the show - it is called a Space Western - very cool no? :-) I found out about it first when we rented the movie Serenity - the movie is based on the series. Bloody Fox strikes again. Fox screwed up Whedon and this show when it didn't show the proper first episode of the series and well lets just say the series got canceled after 10 episodes or something. However the show has a HUGE following and after watching most of the episodes on dvd I am also a believer. There is such a funny humor about the show and I love the cast. I love the fact that it is set in space, that they are rebels against the Alliance and they are good thieves! The women kick butt and the men are noble. *sigh*

It is painful watching each episode as I know I am getting close to finishing the series and there won't be anymore. How could this happen? It is funny, there are all these fan sites across the net with a plethora of rumors that Whedon is going for a second series and they show example scripts. Then there are people who say when Fox asked Whedon to do the movie (when they saw how huge a fan base it had) they made him promise he wouldn't make any more of the series... anyway, this has been going on for a long time but I am only now days becoming aware of it. What are the chances of a second series coming out? not much but I have lit a candle in hope. I have the DVDs btw if anyone wants to watch them. Of course you will have to return them to me because they are now.... my preciousssss!

Answer (remember the question at the top? =)
She was hoping the guy would appear at the funeral again.
If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test by a famous American Psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer.
Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.

3 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

For the test, I'm trying to book a session with Alba since I got it correct...but seriously, it was kind of the only "reasonable" answere... no?
I thought for a sec that maybe her sis was his girlfriend, but other than that there were no other thing I could come up with.
How sick I am?

As for the show, I'm worried about you. I didn't blog about some hard-core geeks that were here at Purdue, but they were almost building shrine for that Whedon guy.
And I still don't get it, every scifi or fantasy thing he does is not as good as a bunch of other things out there, and yet people praise him like a GOD.

But it is just my opinion. This is were I draw the line in my geeknes.

A Fly on the Wall said...

Are you saying i am more of a geek than you? :-P
no no, but seriously, I think what i like about his stuff is first of all, cool stories, then cool casts, then the really really funny humor that shines thru. I think the last is what makes Whedon really special - any of the things he touches, including the comics he writes, at times they are really hilarious! Just one comment and the situation becomes really funny. And then the cast is very likeable, and the women generally kick butt without the in your face sexuality that a lot of sci-fi's have.
Did you ever watch Buffy?
and btw maybe I should check out this shrine! and find out if they know anything about a second series of firefly! ;-)

JuanMa/Juanito said...

Here they are:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~voyager/

Remember, my geekness spands through many areas, and I yet have to see you in Anime or D&D, and I'm to far away from you in gaming.
But I'm surprised about this scifi side of yours, and you mention comics? Finally you have started reading them?

Have you seen how "Y the last man" is a true masterpiece? I like his humor way better than whatever Whedon throughs at me.